Trying to potty train my soon to be three year old not working well any sugestions?

carrier09

Asked by carrier09 at 8:16 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My husband didn't really help me out with potty training. I pretty much potty trained my boy in about two weeks. I took him with me every time I had to pee/poo. and then i took him every 20 minutes. i also started a sticker chart. i got a large white poster board and got a lot of stickers. small stickers. i had no problem getting him to pee. he had a problem not wanting to poop. so i decided he was not getting off the potty until he pooped. the longest i was in the bathroom floor was 35 minutes. now 3 days later he is completely potty trained and tells me when he has to pee and poop. that is what worked for me. you can try it but don't give up. pick one way to potty train and stick to it. don't change it or you will confuse him. when he pees he gets one sticker when he poops he gets two stickers. anyway. be consistent that is the key. consistency. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:20 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I tried the sticker chart and going every 20 min my daughter now 4 refused. Positive reinforsment is deffinatly key, one day she decided she wanted to go potty. Now my 3 year old son is trying to be trained. Its harder with him, he gets naked in the bathroom without me. Good luck!
    sweetpeas2and3

Answer by sweetpeas2and3 at 8:57 PM on May. 13, 2009

• brive him with presents is what my husband taught me pick out there favorite things and see what happens my husband always goes to the bathroom with our lil man and shows him or is next to him and his lil potty and that works too
    im_his_lady09

Answer by im_his_lady09 at 12:27 AM on May. 14, 2009