How long were you engaged?

How long were you engaged before you were married? Did the length of the engagement affect the wedding itself?

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 8:29 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• 5 months but we were together 4/12 years before then and no it didn't.
    Anonymous

• 4 1/2 years*
    Anonymous

• We were engaged 8 months before we got married. We set the date the night he asked me to Marry him.. I don't think it affected anything, we were excited to get married. We would have done it sooner but with school, kids, life in general we had to wait 8 months,lol...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• 1 year dating, 1 year engaged, 6 years married, 2 years divorced but dating again (it's like it's recycling after 10 years or something, really weird). Hopefully better luck with him this time...
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 8:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My husband and I were engaged for 8 months, it would have been about a year if we'd kept with our original wedding date.... but..... that's a long complicated story, lol.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• 3 months! Should have made it 2. Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• 1. A couple of months. 2. a couple of weeks. 3. a few days. The first wedding was planned and formal. The other two were casual. They all ended in divorce.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:33 PM on May. 13, 2009

• 6 months although we have only been married 1 yr it will last a life time. this july it will be 2 yrs of our first date. when you know they are the one you know. i have no doubt we are the perfect pair. which was our theme for the wedding and we had little pairs with that saying on them.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:34 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Engaged for 3 years and I didn't have a wedding. I wanted a huge vacation instead of the wedding so that's what I did.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:35 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i mean pears not pairs!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:35 PM on May. 13, 2009