who watches your children while you work?

im a single mom, living with my parents, and i need a job BAD! but the problem is im starting school next month and i'll be going 5 days a week so i was thinking about working at night. im not sure who will watch my son though, i don't really trust his father because he's careless, my parents will be working, and im not going to trust some person i don't know. i may be able to get my brother to but not too sure about that. what do all you single mothers do?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 8:33 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• that is exactly why i don't work putting 2 kids in daycare would be my whole check and probably some of hubbys cause hubby alone makes to much for help and i have no family to watch my kids and i can't rely on hubby cause he is on call 24.7 so if he gets called he has to go so I have noone at all to watch my kids so luckly we are able to afford for me to stay home as much as i at times wish i did work to get time with adults lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:41 PM on May. 13, 2009

• See if theres child care for the night time? or See if you can find a girl student thats going to college for children!!!!
    Anonymous

• i have seven and it would cost both of our paychecks if i worked. anyways i have seen comercials for finding reliable babysitter on t.v i cant think of the name but if u google it u might find something they r college students who need extra income
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 8:44 PM on May. 13, 2009

• We found a person who only takes a couple of kids. Actually, right now it's only my son and another infant. She charges $25 a day. We tried having me work from home with my son, but I wasn't getting much done. Now I'm able to pay the daycare and still have about $600 extra more a month, so it's definitely worth it. We're not struggling any more and will be out of debt by the end of the year.
    Anonymous

• I have stuggled over this for years. Right now I have a GREAT babysitter for my baby who watches him and then takes him home and puts him to bed at 9, then he is home with my older two- who are 18 and 13 years old. All boys. When I just had the two, I would let people help if they offered, I let my brother have a room in our house w/o rent and he would watch my two ( I worked overnights). I have also utilized other single moms and traded back and forth. Keep checking around, and be picky- hopefully his father will grow up and help out responsibly.

mommyof3xy

Answer by mommyof3xy at 9:05 PM on May. 13, 2009