Can you drink Coke Zero while pregnant?

I don't drink much other then water but I love my glass of coke at night. I know your not supposed to use sweet and low or equal while pregnant but I believe Coke Zero is made with Spenda. I would love to know. I quit drinking it and switched to regular coke when I got pregnant, but my skin is a mess and I really don't want to extra calories. Just wasn't sure if it would be safe for me to switch back???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think, as long as it's in moderation, that it would be okay. I try to stay away from the diet sodas when I want a soda...but, like you said, who wants the extra calories?
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 9:06 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My doctor told me to stay away from all of those imitation sweeteners when ever possible. There is not enough research to show if there are any side effects. I would check with your doctor if you are concerned.
    TheTinyToyShop

Answer by TheTinyToyShop at 9:08 PM on May. 13, 2009

• NO
    caffiene is NOT good for baby
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:11 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I mostly drink water and unsweet iced tea. Occasionally I'll have a Coke Zero, but maybe only once every two weeks or so. I do have splenda on my cereal, though.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:52 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would be more concerned about the effect artificial sweetner has on the baby than caffeine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Then you havent read up on the affects of caffeine on a baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I drank caffieine with both my pregnancy. It's an old wives tale it's not safe. Nothing is safe. And I think if you take every precaution that we are told we would not be able to leave our beds.
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 9:17 AM on May. 15, 2009