My neighbor's son is disrespectful- what do I do?

he ignores me when I tell him he needs to go home and talks back when he doesn't like a situation. my son thinks he needs to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• You don't need to say anything it's your house . Just say it's our house.....I live here...Now you need to leave
    Anonymous

• I would say "well this isn't your house and you need to pick up if you are going to play here". As far as refusing to go home call his parent and tell them that they need to come get him because he wont leave, I bet once will be enough.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:09 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would have a talk with him. Like I would my own child. Tell him the rules and how your house hold runs and if he doesn't like he will have to go home. Don't let him walk all over you. Its not being rude to tell a child this is how it is. If that doesn't work. I would just have to not let him come over anymore. I understand his parents are divorced. But so are a lot of other children's parents. You don't have to pity a child for that. I know my words seem kinda harsh. But I have been throw the same situation. But the child respects me now and no more problems.

akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 9:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• why would you have your son stop playing with a friend and make him clean his room? That's just embarrassing to kids. As for the neighbor's son, he might think you rock so just be nice and be consistent with him. He may have some disorder that prohibits him from thinking before he speaks. If you maintain the rules of the house he'll catch on but let them be kids. Kids mess up rooms. It can be cleaned up later or make it a game with a reward. teach kids, don't just complain about them

Answer by admckenzie at 9:16 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Why should it matter if his parents are divorced? A spoiled child is always rotten. I do find it interesting that while his family can afford a maid you can't get him to go home and leave yours. I would say there is something at your home be it your son or you that is more appealing to this little boy. Be firm in your directions and remind him he is only welcome if he is polite and helpful. Hope it helps, you must be special for him to prefer your house to his own!
    haston

Answer by haston at 10:01 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i wouldn't allow him into my house without telling him that since he doesn't behave he can't come in. if he promises too then see but the first time he talks back or doesn't leave when told then you don't allow him in again ever. tell him your serious too.,
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:22 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Well hell, then tell him to have his maid come to your house to clean up his messes! As for the talking back, I guess you can't really wash his mouth out with soap, can you? Maybe talk with your son, see if you can get him to realize his friend is treating you like crap. Maybe he will tell his friend that he's not a cool kid, talking to you like that.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:39 PM on May. 13, 2009