When was the last time that your kid asked something and you didn't know the answer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Today I had to pick my 17 year old daughter up from school because her depression got the best of her and she couldn't handle being in a classroom so she went to the school nurse. Her doctor put her on Effexor, but she is going to be seeing a psychiatrist for the first time this Friday. Until then, this Effexor really isn't working at all.
    Anyhow, she asked me today if she was going to end up in the psych hospital like I did. Ouch! I had clinical depression years ago and spent many months in the hospital for treatment and it really bothered my children, but I didn't think she'd think she would end up there.
    Poor thing clung to me all afternoon and I told her she could stay home from school the rest of the week and she can finally see the psychiatrist on Friday morning.
    Sorry, I know this was off track. I guess I needed to get it off my chest. Just ignore me.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:20 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Like where is daddy?
    Anonymous

• Today; "Mom, when will I ever need to know the dimentions of a prism when I grow up? Can I just quit Math?"
    He's 11. The answer was obviously NO, you cant quit math, but...a prism..hm....
    DUNNO!
    ShutterbugMama

Answer by ShutterbugMama at 9:07 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My son asked me how far is pluto from the sun
    mommyof3xy

Answer by mommyof3xy at 9:09 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Nothing so far, but they're only 2 and 4.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:09 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Everyday.....they will come up with the most outrageous questions!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 9:09 PM on May. 13, 2009

• hugs prydferthmenyw! my kids are always asking me questions i cant answer- but i homeschool so i feel like its my duty to find out- so recently my 3 yr old has been really interested in elephants and my 5 yr old in tigers and organs (like the other day he asked me wut does his heart look like? lol) so i as soon as they ask me ill say i dont know but lets go find out- so we surf the net till we find the answers and pics and then i let them print the stuff out cut them out and paste them to colored paper while i read them fun facts about wutever it is that they were asking about- its cute too because it seems that now they go out of their way to ask me questions i dont know the answer to so that we can have fun looking it up
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:27 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Hugs prydferthmenyw!!!! Hope she feels better really soon.

I am a single parent to a 13 yr old boy, he is always asking me things I don't know. LOL!! I am grateful to my ex boyfriend that he has taken my son under his wings, I would be sooo lost without him. My son is very intelligent and curious and always has asked me questions that I have no idea how to answer. He recently asked me why people have to be mean to others that are different, especially people that are gay. He wants to know why people are so judgemental. I am still trying to figure that one out myself.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:18 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Oh, I forgot another one. A friend of a friends 8 month old baby recently died when her heart transplant didn't take, he saw a pic of her tiny casket and asked what it was. I told him a casket for a baby. He asked why any baby had to die? He said, with all the technology in this world, no baby should have to die. He then asked, why would God let a little baby die? We just talked about the unfairness of it and that the world needs more empathatic people like him to help find cures for diseases that affect babies.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:21 PM on May. 13, 2009

• last week my 5yr old asked me what a synonym was. I had no idea. He figured it out online from a game he plays then he told me. I thought that was rather sad I didnt know that answer.
    Anonymous