What educational (but fun) games could I play with my son?

For those who answer and have never spoken with me, he is 13 months.

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 9:11 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try wooden puzzles with letters or numbers. They also have animals ones, etc. Also, baby sign language and anything with colors. :D
    Psylocke

Answer by Psylocke at 9:47 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Something as simple as building blocks/ legos will help in their coordination. Eventually when building things together ask for the red block, the green block, etc. Kids can learn counting with them too. My son also learned having patience from them. Ex: if they fall he doesn't get upset, he builds it back up. And if you've ever seen or heard of the show Yo Gabba Gabba (which took me a few episodes to get used to as an adult, lol) It's a great one- and it's one of them where the kids are asked questions after they have learned about bed time, potty time, sharing, crossing the road, etc. It's good to see what your child is watching and learning and it's good to do it with them- but even though there are a few safe and educational shows, don't substitute one on one with those shows. Cleaning/ picking up can be made a game and without the kids knowing it they are learning something that they eventually need to do.
    marcydarcy

Answer by marcydarcy at 10:05 PM on May. 13, 2009