What can I do to make sure this never happens to another child?

Today I went to pick up my son from his new preschool. They were outside playing so I went through the school and as I walked out the door I saw one of the after school elementary kids push my son. My son fell back and hit his head on a metal merry-go-round. My son held his head and went up to the director/owner who was busy chit-chatting and didn't see what had happened. My son was crying and tried to explain that the other boy had pushed him and he hit is head. The director/owner got into my son's face and yelled "wha, wha, wha, wha! That is all you ever do. You cry over everything don't you! Wha, Wha, Wha!" At this point I grabbed my son and told her he would not be back. She didn't know I was behind her and she quickly turned her attitude around. I think it is sick that this adult tried to belittle a child. I want to make sure it doesn't happen to another child. Can I report her? If so, to whom and/or where?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She has to be accredited through the state right? Google it, search the internet, you'll have to be able to find SOMETHING. Maybe find out the department she has to go through to get her license to run the place? I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you, but I really really hope you find out what to do about this woman!
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 9:27 PM on May. 13, 2009

• The school district. Make sure you do please. That is ridiculous.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 9:19 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I'm sure you can report her. Call and ask to speak to the Director. Look on their website if they have one, and email them. Is it a chain like a daycare or just a local pre-school? I would most definately report her until she loses her job. She doesn't deserve to be working with kid's at all! I don't know how you could not be p aying attention to children you're being paid to watch, and then to make fun of them when they could have been seriously hurt, what a bitch!
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 9:20 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It is a just a local pre-school that is not part of the school system. My son will thankfully enter the school system in August but we needed a place for summer care until then. The problem is though she is the owner/director!
    Anonymous

• Take your son out of the day care. Usually they ask why. Then you can complian. Im sorry i thought it was in the district. I would put your child in a day care for over summer.

Im so sorry this has happened to you. Make sure your son is okay too. Poor guy.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 9:24 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Thank you ladies! I checked online for the regualtions for this type of preschool. I found this in the guidelines- (2) Personnel shall not: (d) Verbally abuse or humiliate a child which includes, but is not limited to, the use of threats, profanity or belittling remarks about a child or his family. I am going to print it out and tomorrow when I go get my son's belongings I will get the licensing info and hand her a copy! My blood is still boiling about this!
    Anonymous

• PLEASE report her for that! That is absolutely unacceptable behavior for anyone working in a field with children! You can call your child services department and if they aren't the ones that handle that stuff, they will be happy to forward you to the place that will!

If that doesn't do anything, take it up with the local news and newspaper. Warn people of that specific daycare.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:53 PM on May. 13, 2009

• You are a strong woman. I am not sure that I would have been able to stop myself from smacking her. If she has done this to your kid I am sure he is not the first. You're lucky. You need to inform other parents so they can watch for this. If those kids are lucky, maybe no one will go to her pre school and it will be shut down. BTW: I have never heard of a pre school that is not affiliated with a school district. Is it private? Just curious.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:54 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Be sure to type up a letter stating what you saw and give her a copy when you go tomorrow. I hope your little guy is OK!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:01 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Is your son ok? That is terrible. I would also report her to the state. Also, if you want to you could technically file a police report for neglect since you saw her neglect your child's injury. Good luck, and it is really sad that people do that to kids. I hope everything is ok.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:56 AM on May. 14, 2009