Jaden still is fighting sleep

My 19 month old has been fighting sleep for the past 4 days. I've tried rocking her, putting her in bed with me, letting her cry it out, an earlier bed time because she's exhausted from fighting sleep, to no avail. She woke up from a nightmare on Friday night, and it's been non stop since then. Does anyone have any advice? She's still taking her nap perfectly fine, and is not sick. She is teething, but surely teething wouldn't cause this because it hasn't in the past. When I take her out of her crib, she automatically stops crying, but won't go to sleep. Instead, she wants to play, until she passes out.....I'm losing my mind here.

laurajo84

Asked by laurajo84 at 9:18 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried leaving a light on, maybe she is scared of the dark. Teething causes all kinds of weird things for kids and if she is working on her 2 year molars it could be causing ear pain and things as well then waking up in a dark room scares her. Maybe try a dim night light.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:21 PM on May. 13, 2009