Job interviews and Piercings

Do u think its bad to go to an interview with facial piercings?

Krystle21

Asked by Krystle21 at 9:23 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• While I don't find a tiny nose stud offensive, I have to be honest and tell you that, as a business owner myself, I would definately not hire someone with a lip or eyebrow piercing. I also do not want someone with a tongue ring, because I want them to be able to talk to the customer. Now, with that being said, there are certain types of jobs, where it just wouldn't matter.
    Anonymous

• Depends on the job you are interviewing for.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It depends on the job. If you're interviewing at a conservative company or industry, like banking, lose the piercings for the interview.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:26 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Yes. I have over 15 years of human resouces and recruiting experience.
    When you go on a job interview, you always dress conservatively. Wear a suit, a skirt and jacket, or dress pants and a jacket. The first three things someone conducting an interview takes in are hair, nails and shoes. Your hair should be clean, combed, conseratively colored; your nails should be clean, filed, and unpolished (or perfectecly manicured in a neutral color); your shoes should be clean and simple, like plain pumps with a low heel.
    You should be prepared for the interview; anticipate the questions that they will ask, and ask them thoughtful intelligent questions.
    Bring three copies of your resume.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or would like additional assistance.
    -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I think you should remove piercings for a job interview; just to be safe.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 5:40 AM on May. 15, 2009