Should I forgive him?

My cousin (2nd cousins) and I were really close. I'm a few years older, it was like I was his big sister. Through the years he got in tons of trouble, the whole family turned their backs on him, but I stood by him. Well, he turned himself around and I helped him get a car through my friend. My friend signed the title over to him (because we're friends) and he promised to make payments. Well, he ran off with the car. I ended up having to pay my friend what he owed on the car. It's been 3 years since he did this and now he's trying to contact me through Facebook. I'm still hurt and angry over what he's done, my DH is furious and doesn't want any contact with him. I just feel guilty for ignoring his attempts to contact me. I was just wondering what some of you might think about this and what would you do if you were in this situation. TIA.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• This situation has its own answers in hand. Even thoa you have a big heart. Don't open yourself up too his ways. You know how he is . He did it too you and did it too a friend of yours . Even in the just case that you did get in contact with him long enough too get the money . Whether thru the courts or whatever. Whats too say that he would abide by what he has too do. He will not change his ways . He's already proved that too you . A lesson learned at hand . He is to selfish too care about anything other himself or what he gets out of it. But in due terms it boils down too your own decision . Just dont leave your family and you too be screwed again by this wretch.
    Anonymous

• what if he's trying to make amends and repay you? I'd talk to him and see what's up. If he doesn't mention it then ask him when he can pay you back.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:27 PM on May. 13, 2009

• ignore him he has no love for you otherwise he wouldn't have done that to you.
    Anonymous

• Find out why he is contacting you. If he is trying to do the right thing, great! If not, tell him you are not a doormat and leave you alone.
    Psylocke

Answer by Psylocke at 9:57 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I wonder what trouble is tons of trouble and for what reasons the rest of the family turned their backs on him. If he has a drug history I would ignore the attempts otherwise he is just looking for another way to make some money, the same way he's done it in the past.
    haston

Answer by haston at 10:04 PM on May. 13, 2009

• sounds like he is some one you have to set boundaries with so you don't get screwed. helping him out with the car was not very bright but it was totally out of love. the lord never wants you to feel this way to his children and i think you should respond. just make sure you don't lend money allow him to live with you or anything that you wouldn't ask for yourself. people can change but you have to have them prove it. just don't do anything but be a friend. nothing that he asks for.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:19 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Honestly I would make nice with him find out where he lives at and then sue him for the money you had to pay out, after that I would consider everything is fair and probably never talk to him again.
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 10:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Get involved just long enough to get back the money he now owes you, then tell him goodby.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:36 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would find out what he wanted-if he isn't willing to pay you pack then I would have nothing to do with him
    melody525

Answer by melody525 at 10:40 PM on May. 13, 2009

• he sounds like a moocher. be careful. my mother had to deal with her sibling like that. my mom always tried to take care of her sibling money wise and every time got burned, her sister owes her thousands of dollars that she'll never get back. you can always listen to him, but beforwarned he could be up to tricks to get mor money. might start paying you back then run off or need more money later. just be wise and careful. this person probably needs professional help to find out why they're having issures, until they have them resolved keep your guard up. hope this helps. sorry to hear of your troubles.
    mommastink

Answer by mommastink at 10:50 PM on May. 13, 2009