What can I do to make sure this never happens to another child? (posted in other sections)

Today I went to pick up my son from his new preschool. They were outside playing so I went through the school and as I walked out the door I saw one of the after school elementary kids push my son. My son fell back and hit his head on a metal merry-go-round. My son held his head and went up to the director/owner who was busy chit-chatting and didn't see what had happened. My son was crying and tried to explain that the other boy had pushed him and he hit is head. The director/owner got into my son's face and yelled "wha, wha, wha, wha! That is all you ever do. You cry over everything don't you! Wha, Wha, Wha!" At this point I grabbed my son and told her he would not be back. She didn't know I was behind her and she quickly turned her attitude around. I think it is sick that this adult tried to belittle a child. I want to make sure it doesn't happen to another child. Can I report her? If so, to whom and/or where?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Turn her into the state licensing board for day care centers. You can get the number from Social Services, CPS or whatever it is called in your area. File a complaint with the board. They will investigate her and the center.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:07 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Our health dept regulates them here. Call and ask if they handle it in your county

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 PM on May. 13, 2009

• There's always someplace you can report behavior like that if they are licensed. They should have their licensing information posted and you can get the information from that. If not, check the internet for childcare licensing in your area and go from there.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• If it is a school I think you should go to the Principle first, if the teacher doesn't lose her job then go to the Health Care dept. Wow! How in the world did you keep your cool?
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 9:36 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Thank you ladies! I checked online for the regualtions for this type of preschool. I found this in the guidelines- (2) Personnel shall not: (d) Verbally abuse or humiliate a child which includes, but is not limited to, the use of threats, profanity or belittling remarks about a child or his family. I am going to print it out and tomorrow when I go get my son's belongings I will get the licensing info and hand her a copy! My blood is still boiling about this!

Anonymous

• Good luck. That is absolutely horrible and I am glad that you are persuing it.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 9:55 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Your nicer then i am, I would have hit her. You need to report her and make sure she gets fired because she has no business working with kids.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:09 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Oh goodness, you are a better woman then I! I would have caused such a scene if that happened to my son! Please make sure you file a complaint against this woman. Who knows how many other times this has happened with other children? And it's not like you just have suspicions, you witnessed it. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Good for you, OP! This woman needs a reality check. People are entrusting her & her staff with the care & welfare of thier kids. I would have been furious, especially since she didn't know you were there (she changed it up, which means she KNEW she was wrong). Plus, sje is the director? The person that is supposed to set the EXAMPLE for the quality of the care ther? OH, HELL NO! I don't know what the consequences are but, I'll bet she thinks twice. Personally, I'd call any parents I'm friendly with from the preschool & tell them what happened, too.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:32 PM on May. 14, 2009