Is there a right time to intro the guy you're dating to friends & family while going through a divorce?

I am currently going through a divorce. The soon-to-be ex has a girlfriend and I am dating someone for a little while now. I've met some of his friends already and have hung out with them. I think he may be put off a little by my not intro'ing him to my friends yet. But because of the pending divorce, I feel like my friends and family are going through it with me and feel that it is too soon for them to meet him. When is the right time to intro him? How do I explain to him that the divorce affects everyone and it will take time before anyone is ready to meet him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• i haven't gotten my divorce yet either and i was dating a guy he got pissed off cause i'm going to sign for the military and i can't if i'm a single mom. i told him i have to stay married until after boot. i let him meet my grandparents and family soon after we started dating though. i don't see it as a big deal
    Anonymous

• After the divorce might make everyone feel more comfortable

Answer by admckenzie at 9:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• this is a great question. Ive been going thru a divorce. My soon to be ex...has a girl friend that he parades all over town so proudly! I have been asked out several times, but declined because im still married...until divorced. I would love to go out with this one guy but i havent because im not divorced. So my soon 2 be ex...has refused to sign the divorce papers to drag out the divorce and now he wants a property settlement...still draggin out the divorce even more. he knows i wont date until im divorced...so he getting his cake and eating it too...i think...so i think i should so out with this guy...
    Anonymous

• what state do you live in? because in nj, even if he doesnt answer the divorce complaint, it will still go through after 18 months. i honestly don't think that you should wait any longer to date. do you have any kids?
    A_4ever

Answer by A_4ever at 9:51 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My ex refused to sign the papers after the judge granted the divorce and three months later the same judge ordered the papers to be filed. I started dating my now husband during my seperation period and introduced him to family and friends. They were not supportive and considered him my "rebound". I sure rebounded well because we are happily married and have been for two years now!
    Anonymous

• if you want to set a good example to any children and show some dignity i would not introduce any men i'm dating while still dating. in fact i wouldn't be dating while still married regardless of where the divorce is at. i dated a man who lied about being married still even thoughhe was getting a divorce. i was not happy one bit. if that sounds screwed up it's not any dfferent then whats going on here accept that he lied and i didn't know.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I went through something very similar. Me and my ex were separated for about a year when I met someone else.The real dilemma I had was that a year into the relationship with my new guy I got pregnant! We were deathly afraid to tell anybody especially our moms. My divorce was in process but taking forever! Needless to say my mom overheard my conversation with a co-worker and she went psycho on me.How was I going to explain this to my family and my 2 daughters from the previous marriage, blah blah blah. In the end it all worked itself out. As long as you and your ex are separated, your doing nothing wrong
    laura82280

Answer by laura82280 at 10:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would wait until after the divorce just so I didn't have to hear any stupid comments, not because you are doing something wrong. I would hope that your BF would understand.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 10:22 PM on May. 14, 2009