(TMI) Is this the start of my daughter's first period?

My daughter had brown discharge in her undies today, would this be considered the start of her first period?

metallimommy

Asked by metallimommy at 9:30 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Health

• sounds like it
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 9:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It does sound like it. Just remember that if she is active, that could be it for this month and the next time she starts, it might be in a month or even two as her body adjusts. I hope I helped a bit! Good luck :D
    Psylocke

Answer by Psylocke at 9:39 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Sure does sound like it.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 10:24 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Probably. congratulations!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I remember that happened to me the summer before I actually began my first period. I got my first period a few months later.
    She is on her way to womanhood! Congratulations!
    If you haven't done so already, buy her personal care supplies now, place them in the bathroom, have talks with her about what is happening, and explain to her how to use the personal care products. Also explain the importance of cleanliness and disposing of used personal care products properly.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:59 AM on May. 14, 2009