I need some help with scrapbooking????

I need some motivation. I have bought so many things too scrapbook with but I have no imagination when it comes too scrapbooking. Ive started a couple pages but they just arent as beautiful and creative as the scrapbooking projects that I have seen. I dont know what to do. And none of my friends are into scrapbooking so......

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 9:30 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Look on scrapbooking websites at the pages other people have made and then use their ideas for pages that you can make. I do that alot when I run out of ideas. Good luck!
    lovetulips78

Answer by lovetulips78 at 9:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Get some scrapbooking magazines. Also, if there are scrapbooking groups in your area, join one. I go to crops once a month and that is the only time I scrapbook and get about 10 pages done in a 6 hours or so crop.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:30 PM on May. 13, 2009

• OMG me too! Try going to diynetwork.com and get some ideas there. The Scrapbooking show is awesome. I also watch it on TV if you have Cable or Satellite, it's the DIY network. Marthastewart.com also has great ideas too.

I have so much stuff and pictures I haven't printed out yet, and I STILL haven't put anything together. It's been on my mind, though.

Also check to see if there are any scrapbooking stores/craft stores in your area, some have classes that give you some suggestions. Good luck!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 10:43 PM on May. 13, 2009

• If you have DirecTV, there's a show called Scrapbook Memories that comes on BYU. Also, you might want to go to a crop or scrapbook retreat to get some hands-on tutoring until you feel more comfortable as a scrapper.
    hjgreen

Answer by hjgreen at 11:16 AM on May. 14, 2009

• When i started i wasn't very good. But i have gotten so much better. I can look through my scrapbooks and see how bad i was to begin with. LOL! Anyways First thing you do is pick out what pictures you want on that page and try to match the paper and the embellishments to a theme that goes with the picture. Than just lay stuff out on the page without glue or tape or anything and move them around until you find how you want it. Sometimes i will take an hour on one page.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 12:10 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Try going to http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?cid=42 and find a distributor in your area. When I was a distributor I would have free scrap booking parties where we just all brought our stuff and borrowed from each other. It was loads of fun.
    DonnaChapman

Answer by DonnaChapman at 9:45 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I use a lot of Stampin' UP products. I love their paper and stamps. You can buy one of their catalogs for about $10 and it has lots of ideas for scrapbooking pages and cards to make. I've done that a lot. I also was in a scrapbooking "club" and got ideas from the leader of the group when we made projects, and it was nice to see what other people were doing. I also subscribed to a couple magazines--Creative Keepsakes and Papercrafts were my favorites
    fairylion

Answer by fairylion at 7:55 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Thank you ladies......
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2009