Do you think we should release the photos of the detainies and the abuse?

Just wondering if you ladies had any thought on it. I do not think we should, we all know they where abused and releasing those photos but more American troops in danger.

I had friends that came back and where almost bragging about it, I was upset and angry with them. I tried to explain to them they where doing has they where told and they had NO right to hurt those men in any unethical way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• While I may be a paper mod-Dem, I have to agree with soooo many of the Rep ladies I usually clash with here on CM!

Why do we, the public, need access to the photos? We don't! My DH is military and quite possibly heading over within the next 6 months and I don't want anything fueling the fires that already burn with hatred for Americans!

As for torture in general...I'm on the fence. I'd like to think that we are above that sort of thing. But, on the other...I also know they would do the same or worse to our soldiers.

And IMO, if I have never been in the conflict of war, then it can not be my place to dictate how those who are surviving it handle thier business in those conditions!!!!!

*All this being said while being stoned and wearing my Obama shirt (but decling the flu shot) BTW! LOL
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:34 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Nope they do not need to be released
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:48 PM on May. 13, 2009

• NO.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:53 PM on May. 13, 2009

• no! isnt there enough scary, sad stuff in the news already? what good could it really do.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 10:03 PM on May. 13, 2009

• What abuse?????
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:06 PM on May. 13, 2009

• What is the point? I would hope the knowledge of the incidents would be enough.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:25 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Release them to who? The only people who need to see them are the ones involved in criminal cases.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 10:25 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Is there some driving need for people to make TShirts and coffee mugs out of them like they did with the Abu Graib pics?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:36 PM on May. 13, 2009

• No.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:54 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I agree they should not be released. They where supposed to be released soon but that was halted today.
    Anonymous