Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Therapist or Psychologist? & how to find one?

So im pretty sure I have some problems. Mainly anxiety. How do you find a good person to help- that is affordable!! I mean we all know there are good Drs out there & then theres ones out there that will just push a pill down you..
And which do I need. Therapist or Psych?
How much do they cost? Does insurance ever cover it?


Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • You would have to call your insurance company to find out if they are covered. If they are they will give you a list of covered therapists. The only one that can prescribe meds is your primary doc or psychiatrist. A threapist is just for counseling. You could ask your primary care doctor for a recommendation, that is how I found the counselor that I went to.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:26 PM on May. 13, 2009

  • You medical practioner will have recommendations; a nearby medical school, hospital, and social services agency will all have resources of therapists that work on a sliding scale.
    You can also check with family and friends for recommendations; if you belong to any networking groups, these can be a wonderful resource.

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 AM on May. 14, 2009