daughter and breastfeeding

My dd is 15 months n i'm ready to wean her to bottle. She n my 2yr old son both sleep w/me . She nurses bout ever hour to 2 hrs i've tried letting her cry till she goes 2 sleep but not @ nite i now that it's going to b hard the first couple of days. With my son this trasition was easy not her. how do i make the trans from breastmilk to cow milk just tough it out ?

kisd

Asked by kisd at 9:50 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why would you give a bottle at 15 months? It's not weaning if you're going to give her another vice. IF you want to wean, you should drop 1 feeding per week and save the most important for last (like bedtime nursing for example).
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 10:00 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I agree with NoNonsenseMama By giving her a bottle at 15 months that will just create a bad habit you will have to break. Give her a sippy instead. And if you want to wean, drop one feeding a week.

Whisper85

Answer by Whisper85 at 10:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Agree with everyone. One feeding at a time. You can't go from nurturing your baby through the night to flat out cio, either. That's cruel. She's spent all these months cuddled up with you, and now nothing. You need to give her gradual transitions.
    Anonymous

• thanks girls!!
    kisd

Answer by kisd at 11:44 AM on May. 14, 2009