Custody Re: My neices

My sister has had her ups and downs this year. She has 2 small children. One 4 years old and One 1 year old. My sister has been in and out of the hospital in the past year, for trying to kill herself. I've always been there for her to take the kids. But this time it's too much. Not taking the kids. I can't keep rushing to her aid and taking the kids, and then a week later when she says that she is alright give the kids back. My dh and I were talking about it, my sister is in the hosp. Right now again for trying to kill herself last night, so dh and I were talking about it, and We want the kids, no 1 else in my family wants the kids for a long period that is. DH and I want custody of the kids, till my sister enters a re-hab or some type of program and gets the help that she needs. We want Custody of the kids. So what do U think our chances are of getting custody the girls; given my sisters history? Should we file for custody?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• File for temporary guardianship. She won't lose any rights, she just won't have custody until she is well. Being back and forth can not be good for those kids. Contact an attorney and fight for those kids. They need you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on May. 13, 2009