my teeth and pregnancy

it seems since i got pregnant i have been having weird pains in my teeth. not like a tooth ache but a throbbing tingling sensation. could me being pregnant have anything to do with it? i don't see the dr til next wk.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 9:55 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would make an appointment with your dentist. Many women experience dental problems while pregnant, mainly because the baby sucks all of the calcium out of your body that you need for your teeth. My friend ended up with a mouth FULL of cavities afer her first pregnancy because she didn't get enough calcium.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:30 PM on May. 13, 2009

• what have you been craving and actually eating? with my first, all i wanted was chocolate, i would wake up at 3 in the morning go eat chocolate and go back to bed, and being so tired not brush my teeth. about halfway through the pregnancy i got my first cavity, ever. and it started out that weird tingly feeling before it was a noticeable cavity.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:01 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Sometimes your teeth can hurt or gums bleed. I always found if I was low in calcium my gums would hurt and bleed. Make sure you are drinking 2-3 8oz. glasses of milk a day and see if that helps.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 10:11 PM on May. 13, 2009