Would you worship a god or ask a for something from a god you do not believe exist?

If a person does not beleive a god is anything but a mythical figure how good would their prayers be? Would you ask a person to pray to a god they don't believe in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• my question is why would you pray to something you thought didnt exsist?that doesnt make sence.i believe he or she exists.i do pray.i must admit most of my prayers dont get answered,but i try to keep the faith.i think i believe more in karma.which kind of has to do with God.hmm who knows one day we will all find out?
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:19 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Do you specify who should pray for you? Baptists only? Anyone but Pagans, JW's and Muslims?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:02 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I dont care who is praying for me as long as i am being prayed for, that is all that matters!
    Anonymous

• ???? I asked if YOU would pray to a god you do not exist...what are you all talking about?
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with NotPanicking.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:05 PM on May. 13, 2009

• When a Christian asks for prayers, usually non-christians and atheists respond with "good blessings" and "I'll keep you in my thoughts". Why can't Christians do something similar?
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:07 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Would YOU PRAY TO a god....
    Anonymous

• Exactly. metalcowgirl. I wouldn't find that offensive. I would think they were doing what they could and still respect my beliefs
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:08 PM on May. 13, 2009

• who said they couldn't say good blessing? ? I just asked how good a prayer would be if the person doesn't even believe in the god, how valid or serious it would be. Why you would want a person who is doing lip service but does not beleive the prayer would be answered.

Anonymous

• I believe in all gods, just not in the superiority of one over the rest. I pray to my own, but there seems to be a double standard, hence my follow up question. If you do not expect others to pray to your god, do you accept the prayers of others said to their own, which are not yours?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:11 PM on May. 13, 2009