Just a bit aggravated....

Cafe Mom offers spell check, as I am sure everyone knows. Why don't some people use it? It just aggravates me when I see an answer to a question and the poster is trying to be all high and mighty, and every other word is spelled wrong or the grammar is just way out of whack. When I read "Well, me an DH was fighting cause of some psyco gurl, and I was lyke ur a basturd...." it makes me think that the poster is six or seven years old. I understand that not everyone has perfect grammar, but I see enough of tYpiNg lYke Dis on myspace by all of the 12 year olds, I didn't expect to see it on CafeMom, where everyone is supposed to be a mother, and I assumed that as mothers, most of the women on here would have a better grasp of spelling and grammar. I assumed that we had all graduated middle school...idk it is just something that erks me when I am reading through these. I think the internet/texting has destroyed (cont').....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on May. 13, 2009 in About CafeMom

• ......(OP).....internet & texting have destroyed all sense of grammar and punctuation. Some people have even submitted resume's with "LOL" and such on them. I think there needs to be a different class in school that teaches children the difference between 'net-speak' and the real world. Oh well, that's just me.
    Anonymous

• Alot of moms on here do chat elsewhere besides on Cafemom, and how they type may be accepted by whom they are chatting with. They get so used to typing like that, that it becomes a habit.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:09 PM on May. 13, 2009

• ....(OP)...I do realize that I have a huge run-on sentence in the original question. Sorry about that "lol"
    Anonymous

• I can't understand it myself. So, I don't read their questions or answers.
    Anonymous

• Who really cares?

Did I miss spell anything? Did I use proper grammar? Did I use proper punctuation?

Anonymous

• I agree with diamondmamma.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:13 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I don't understand why everyone gets so upset about it. I know it can be frustrating to see a bunch of words misspelled but there are far more important things in life. And it doesn't catch everything properly anyway. It's not a fix all.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 10:17 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I agree with you ... I find it so annoying when people use improper grammer and misspelled words. I don't know why this is ... maybe because I proof read everything before I post it. Or maybe because I'm trained to write correctly from college and working in the business field.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:30 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Sing it sister! Nothing wrong with having high standards.
    KGB31

Answer by KGB31 at 12:22 PM on May. 14, 2009