Which one works harder... a working mother or a stay at home mom?

I am torn between being a stay at home mom or keeping my job. I am just looking for a little advice. I am 16 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. My other two are three and one. Do you guys think that children benefit more from moms working or moms staying at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• A stay at home mother is a working mother and her job is harder. That is why I teach children with Autism.....much easier!
    haston

Answer by haston at 10:08 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would say that you are going to have a tough time with whatever you chose Hon.
    Anonymous

• I am going to say both, being a parent is the hardest job ever and it doesn't matter if you are a working mom or stay at home mom. I am a working single mom of an almost 13 yr old and he benefited from my working, he is independent, can think for himself and do things on his own. Yes, I would have loved to stay home with him, atleast part time but it wasn't possible. No one method of parenting is right for every person.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I think children benefit most from having a happy mother. If you will be happiest working outside the home, then do so. If you will be happiest staying at home, then do so.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:11 PM on May. 13, 2009

• both- and i think they can benefit from both- its one of those things where u have to see wut works best for u and ur family- i stay at home with my boys and its hard at times but i wouldnt trade it for a million bucks! for a billion maybe...... lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:13 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i think its what makes you happiest, if you aren't happy at home than the kids will realize it. as far as who works harder, being a mom is a tough job no matter what you do in or out of the home, i worked for 2 yrs started when my dd turned 1 quit when she turned 3 (was told i had to quit working b/c my blood pressure was too high and i was preg) that was in dec of last year, and i feel like i do more being home than i did when i worked b/c i'm the one doing everything now, from cooking every night to being the one up with her every morning. whereas before, i worked retail so i wasn't cooking and doing baths every night. and i think work was easier. thats just my opinion though
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:14 PM on May. 13, 2009

• im a stay at home mother of a 2 yr old girl and trust me i do work i clean cook play go shoping and take care of a baby
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 10:15 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Honestly, I think they benefit more from stay-at-home moms. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with being a working mom, or that they can't be wonderful mothers, but I think that the more time spent with your children, the better. My mom was a stay-at-home mom while me and my brother were growing up, and I'm so grateful. I can't help but notice how much closer we've always been than friends of mine who have had working moms. I'm 20 weeks pregnant, and plan on being a stay-at-home mom for that reason. I understand that a lot of mom can't afford to stay at home, but if you can, I'd take advantage of it. Once my child starts school, I'll almost definitely go back to work part-time during the day, but in his first years, I'll be at home. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:15 PM on May. 13, 2009

• One is not harder then the other.
    Anonymous

• They are both equally hard.........I teach. I so enjoy my time home, yet when I am working I enjoy what I do. They both give me satisfaction. My own kids come first--no question. I've just always worked outside of the home. I say moms who work in the home work just as hard too, with fewer breaks. Some days I enjoy my quite commute. Other days, I LOVE playing and listening to the kids laugh. I did consider staying home when pregnant with my 3rd child. I never did with the others. Maybe part of it is 3rd child syndrome. I don't know. I'm lucky, my profession allows me the best of both worlds, and my husband's business allows him to be home in the winter with the kids.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:25 PM on May. 13, 2009