Placenta Placement?

I recently had my first ultrasound. I'm about 20 weeks, and the ultrasound tech said that I have an anterior placenta, meaning my placenta is in front of the baby, closer to my stomach rather than in the back. She said that it's perfectly normal, but that I may not feel as much movement due to the placement of the placenta because it will be muffled. I've only felt a few tiny little flutters, and I was wondering if anyone else has/had an anterior placenta and when you began to really feel strong movement. Thanks! :)

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 10:26 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My tech told me the same thing. I first felt the baby move around 18 weeks, but then didn't feel him move again until 5 days later. I'm about 21 weeks, and I feel him move around almost every day, and the feelings are stronger, but usually in the evening when I'm quieter and still. My husband still can't feel the baby move.

As your baby gets bigger, you'll feel him.her move around more. Soon there won't be much room and you'll probably see the baby move :)
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:31 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Thanks, that's good to know! I've been looking forward to feeling the movements, and actually I just felt him about 5 minutes ago, though very. very lightly. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:54 AM on May. 14, 2009