Military Wives

What do you do to keep busy while hubby is away? Mine is in GA right now, we have a ten month old and this is his first time being gone.

Amanda704

Asked by Amanda704 at 10:41 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Lordy I don't know! My hubby is out on a work up on his sub right now, and I am bored!

I try to read, scrapbook, organize the house (closets, drawers), rent a lot of movies.. lots of times I end up sitting around the house, watching TV, bored out of my mind.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:26 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Get involved with a playdate group. Get online and find out volunteer things on base. Usually if you voluteer there is free daycare.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:14 AM on May. 14, 2009

• try new things also go to www.onesource.com or www.kidscity.com theres some activities you could check out!
    krisp4202

Answer by krisp4202 at 1:22 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I enjoy myself. Read, catch up with friends.. come and go as I please.. Personally I LOVE IT.. a good break never hurt anyone! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Oh man, I feel for you especially with a child. We had my daughter upon him returning from his 2nd deployment so I've not delt with this specific situation.
    However, I went to the lake a lot, they have a jogging/biking trail that I would walk/run with the
    dogs while he was gone. Now I take my DD in the stroller & go enjoy the boats & what not.
    Go to the Zoo if there is one close enough. I know here in OKC that with a military discount it's $3.50. If you eat lunch before hand & take bottled water, or take a lunch with you it's SUPER cheap & fun. Especially with your child being 10mos, he/she is getting to the point where they can enjoy it.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 9:15 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My husband was a Marine grunt and gone all the time-I went to the gym on base that had free childcare-a lifesaver!
    KGB31

Answer by KGB31 at 12:14 PM on May. 14, 2009