• In the Spotlight:

Sooo, you had kids, great! Now, is your memory GONE?

I can't remember a damn thing, I have to make lists. It's making me crazy and a tad worried!

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 10:42 PM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• your brain shrinks when you have kids...seriously lol. I have to have one of those whistler things for my keys...lists do me no good because i manage to lose them and you have no idea how many credit cards i have had replaced this year alone not to mention my drivers license.
    I once found the remote control in the freezer. which i have caught myself doing on a number of occasions so i am pretty sure it was me.

I think i will end up with altzheimers when I get old.
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 11:56 PM on May. 13, 2009

• wow i thought i was the only one lol.i cant remember anything which isnt cool because my husband cant remember anything.
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 10:52 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My mom always told me I had pregnancy brain. but now It got worse and I am the same as you, I suffer from CRS. Can't Remember Shit. LOL
    I call it Mommy Brain Syndrome. I don't know of any treatments. if you find one let me know. LOL
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:55 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I lost my mind while I was pregnant and I haven't gotten it back. I am afraid it will never come back. LOL I also call it mommy brain.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:13 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I dont remember if i ever had a memory to begin with.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 11:21 PM on May. 13, 2009

• wait... what was the question?

seriously.. i can never find my bank card, or liscence... loose the remote atleast 5 times a day oh and my cell phone
    i start laundry then forget it and a few days later need it and its still in the washer,
    and i always have to checks the kids bags 4-5 times to make sure i packed everything formual clothes diapers
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:18 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My calender is full of appts and i still miss more than half!! We should all make appts for the same day and post the appt for 3 days in advance!!LOL
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 1:01 AM on May. 14, 2009

• LOL..... welcome to motherhood! Thank goodness we have children to show for it, cause one day they will remember everything for you! LOL My 5 year old daughter has the best memory! She can find ANYTHING, remember ANYTHING, or whatever!!! She is my brain.... I just tell her, where Im putting things, what we need at the store... or what we have going on... sometimes I dont even have to tell her anything and she still knows!!! LOL She is VERY observant!!!
    Maybe when we have babies they take out our brains and give them to our children!!! LOL It makes sense on my end!!! LOL
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:26 AM on May. 14, 2009

• yes!!! and its gotten worse! i have a 3 year old now. i just cant seem to remember conversations..or where i've put things. i mean its gotten pretty bad in the last year. i will ask someone a question that they have already answered a day or so ago..and i just can't remember it!! i thought i was going crazy..lol
    pyrateprincess

Answer by pyrateprincess at 5:03 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Yes and it seems like they older they get the worse it gets!
    Twizlr

Answer by Twizlr at 8:27 AM on May. 14, 2009