Since money is taken from paychecks for social security,

when it runs out, and we are left with no social security, can there be a huge lawsuit against the government?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Who cares? At least you are helping to provide for people now.
    Anonymous

• It's insolvent. I wonder more how long they'll expect us to keep paying just to pay back the IOU portion after there's nothing left to pay out.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:48 PM on May. 13, 2009

• laughing  I wish!!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:49 PM on May. 13, 2009

Really! You do know that the government has been using it as their personal piggy bank for years now. Who are we helping?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:51 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Why would you not care? It's not about helping people now, it's about the freakin government screwing everything up! When will they be held accountable?
    Anonymous

• If the Gov doesn't have any money for SS, what makes you think they would have the money to settle a massive judgment!? lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:54 PM on May. 13, 2009

They're getting really good at printing it now......

Anonymous

• I am so happy that my husband and I do not pay into social security. There are jobs where it is exempt to have to pay into it. Mine and my husband's work each have their own pensions and retirement funds. I know that SS will not be around when I am old enough to retire. People need to look at SS like a tax and not expect to have the benefits when they retire. SS was never been to sustain people.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:36 AM on May. 14, 2009

• While I haven't much faith in Social Security being around for me, I *am* glad it was there for my parents. Even if they did yank my dad's final payment because he died on the 29th of the month they paid him for. Caused my mom some real trouble at the time.

My current job is part of PERS (Public Employees Retirement System) and for the moment I;m getting quite a bit socked away. More than there is in my IRA, in fact.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:46 AM on May. 14, 2009

• You know, SS wasn't really intended for the purposes it serves now, so I don't feel at all entitled to a dime.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 4:00 AM on May. 14, 2009