Do you eat dinner at the table?

Do you ALWAYS eat dinner at the table? How about if it's just you and the kid(s)?

We eat most meals at the table when my hubby is here. Occasionally, if he gets home really late and he's exhausted, we'll just eat on the couch, that way he gets a bit of time to relax before going to bed. When he's gone, it's a different story. If we have a nice meal, we'll eat at the table. If it's pizza or Stouffer's lasagna, we sometimes just eat in front of the TV (like right now!).

How about you?

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 10:49 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i do the samething toriandgrace
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 10:53 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Nope, never eat at the table. It is just my son and I and we usually eat in front of the tv.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:53 PM on May. 13, 2009

• When we had our DD we started eating at the table consistently. Occasionally on a Friday night when we get burgers we eat in front of the tv after she goes to bed. We are trying to set a good example and when I was a kid we ate in front of the tv and I hated it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:09 PM on May. 13, 2009

• First off....Love, Love Stouffer's Lasagna! Have you tried the Italiano?

Hubby, me, and two year old son usually eat dinner at the table when he comes home from work. If our son is starved, I start him a bit early (but at the table).
    We plan to have a Friday night TV dinner night when our son is old enough not to make too much mess in our living room.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:22 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Always eat at the table eating Never ate in front of tv on couch that's a really bad habit
    Anonymous

• When the girls were little until they were about 14 or so we always ate at the table.
    Now we just eat in the living most times while we watch a movie.
    It is much more comfortable and family oriented. The dining room isn't pleasing to us at all. I would much rather have an eat-in kitchen.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:16 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Yes, we currently eat at our table. We have a good sized kitchen where we can fit a round table and 4 chairs. It's much easier to make dinner, and then serve it at the table. We hardly ever eat at the couch anymore UNLESS there is something on TV we *have* to watch ... like the Red Wings game 7 tonight vs. Anaheim Ducks ... opening faceoff at 7pm, which is usually when dinner starts. I think we'll be in front of the TV tonight!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:20 AM on May. 14, 2009

• We have four kids and if we are all home for dinner we eat at the table-unless it's picnic night where we eat in the living room in front of a movie. Our house is busy and it is a guaranteed time that I can look every one of my children in he face and listen to their 'lives'-so much might be missed if I didn't enforce it.
    KGB31

Answer by KGB31 at 12:05 PM on May. 14, 2009