Confused about this relationship......

Been in this relationship for five years and it just never seems to get better. On Mother's day he bought me flowers even if we do not have children but we have a dog that is like our child. I thought that was very nice until he has his moods swings again and starts yelling at me for whatever reason. This has been going on for a few years and he doesn't want to go for help. I work full-time and when I come home I have to cook, clean and try to manage my side business. He does nothing in the house, leaves his socks everywhere and doesn't pick up after himself. Expects me to do everything. When I try to explain to him that I need his help, he tells me this is his house and he can do what he wants. But I should be doing more because that's my job. He yells at me for my car door not working well as I have told him to check it last week that something is wrong with the door. What is wrong with this guy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Girl, he needs some serious help! Don't ever let anybody disrespect you in that matter... no period!! teach him a lesson since it is his house, let him leave them dirty ass socks wherever he pleases. and you act like you don't see them just take care of you. You are not his maid gir.l I had to learn that lesson myself. either he'll get with the program or get left behind!! Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• I don't know what's wrong with him but you're nicer than me because as soon as he told me it was his house he could do what he wanted, I'd have stopped doing anything since it's.. his house.
    That was nice of him to buy you a mother's day present from your dog tho :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:55 PM on May. 13, 2009

• sounds like you need to leave him. if it has been going on for 5 years it doesnt sound like it is going to get any better with time. he will not change. you deserve to be with a man that realizes what a good person you are. some one that isnt going to take advantag of you. you deserve a partner in life, not a boss. i hope that you fin the stregnth you need.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 10:56 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Tell him that if he doesn't get help, you are leaving. Look for a place of your own and move out. He will not change until he is ready and you don't deserve to be in a relationship where he does nothing and yells at you for no reason.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:11 PM on May. 13, 2009

• SEPERATION CAN WORK WONDERS ON A BAD ATTITUDE! DO THE GOOD THINGS MAKE THE BAD THINGS GO AWAY? GIVE HIM A FEW WEEKS ALONE IN HIS HOUSE!
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 12:41 AM on May. 14, 2009

• why are you on cafeMOM if you have no children?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Above Anon: she say's she doesn't have any children with HIM.. that doesn't mean she doesn't have any Children! She can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on May. 14, 2009

• His problem is that he is a selfish and abusive child. You can't fix him. You can't help him. There isn't anything he could give you that would make you feel better about being his emotional punching bag. Move on before you have kids are strapped to him for 18 years.
    KGB31

Answer by KGB31 at 12:02 PM on May. 14, 2009