what kind of floor

my master bd room walk in closet and btroom are all connected like one floor all carpet yea i no gross so i wanted hard wood floor but was told that was a no no in the bathroom so any ideas?

theycallmemomie

Asked by theycallmemomie at 10:53 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tile or lineloeum in the bathroom. I think hardwood would warp in a bathroom due to the humidity from showers.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:54 PM on May. 13, 2009

• You can just put down a sheet of laminate flooring...it's fairly inexpensive. Hardwood is a bad idea for the bathroom. Every house I've been in with hardwood in the bathroom has had warped flooring around the toilet. Some places swear it's ok if it's done right--I just don't know that I'd trust it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:55 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Hard wood is great in the bathroom, if you want to throw your money down the drain. HAHA! Sorry. ALL of our house, except the bathroom and basement is hardwood. The bathroom was wood when we first moved in and had to do major repairs. I would go with tile, it's easiest to replace if one of your tiles gets damaged.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:59 PM on May. 13, 2009

• No hardwood even laminate in the bathroom! My husband and myself to this 4 a living! Ceramic or
    even sticky tile work well lineloeum is also a good bet! Have it prof done if u go w/ tile grout dosen't always do well with the diff temp chages. If it dos crack you can have it repaired usually at no cost.
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 11:24 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Travertine.
    It lasts forever, looks beautiful, has a no-slip surface, feels comfortable to walk on, and transitions quite nicely from one room to the next.

If you are looking to save money, then linoleum is the way to go.

Whatever floor covering you purchase, have it match the bathroom decor the best. The closet is secondary.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:13 AM on May. 14, 2009

• You don't need to have the same flooring even though it's all connected. You can do tile in the bathroom and hardwood in the closet. No big deal.

ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:18 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Spring for BAMBOO. It is water-resistant and fungal resistant-I use it for cutting boards-nice stuff. My husband I had laminate hardwood in the kitchen and then the dishwasher leaked! It was awful! It swelled and molded. We are replacing it with bamboo because we did an experiment where we submerged a sample under water for 24 hours and when we pulled it out it hadn't swollen or warped AT ALL. It also still fit into the groove of the other sample piece and was still seamless. Definitely worth every penny and perfectly acceptable is high water areas. AND it's eco-friendly because it is the most sustainable hardwood you can buy. Hope this helps.
    KGB31

Answer by KGB31 at 11:59 AM on May. 14, 2009

• well personally i think that u should forget the laminate although it is the least expensive and go with tiles. That is the next project in my house too. Good luck!
    tuthfairy

Answer by tuthfairy at 4:53 PM on May. 20, 2009