has anyone had there daughter have any side affects from the cervical cancer shot?

my daughter is 12 and was told by her doctor today that she needed to get the cervical cancer shot to help her not get it, and the menagitis( spelled wrong) shot also. has anyone out there had any bad thing from them. i have till monday to decide. any help would be apprecated. thank you

okc-mom-2

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 10:56 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm not having my daughters take them . I just don't feel that I have enough long term imformation on them . ( and I did do some looking up on them and talked to their doctor . Just my opinon on it thou)
    Anonymous

• I won't be giving it to my daughters either. I feel there is no need. The HPV shot is for a sexually transmitted disease, so I think it is sending mixed messages to give it. I really don't see the need for all the new vaccines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on May. 14, 2009

• She doesn't need it. Just have her take a folic acid supplement. 400 mg a day would be sufficient. Folic acid prevents it and even reverses mild cases if you have it already. Don't believe me? Look it up. It's proven. I just found this out the other day and I wish my doc would have told me about it when I had a mild case. I'm serious. It really works. She doesn' t need the shot, just the vitamin folic acid!

http://www.tidesoflife.com/cervical_dysplasia.htm

Check it out. This blew my mind. I am currently trying to spread the word about this. I made a post on here the other day. I hope lots of moms read it.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 12:28 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I had both a few months before getting pregnant...one of them hurt like a &@*#&&#^! for a few days and the other hurt even worse for like a week but other then that no side affects ..and the HPV shot is given more then once shell have to get it again 6 months later and then a few times after that which is a pain in the a$$
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:25 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I wish I knew about the folic acid thing before...I got the first shot and refuse to go get the rest of them!! It was soo not worth it especially since theres other ways to prevent (ways that dont hurt so much) they say labors the most painful thing I women can go through...those people obviously never go this shot... (im being totally over dramatic...labor is gonna hurt WAY more)
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:27 AM on May. 14, 2009

• We have a 13 year old. We choose to do all vaccines on a delayed schedule. We did the meningitis vaccine when there was an outbreak in the neighborhood where her school is located. We have are still debating Gardisil (hopefully we still have a couple of years); if we go ahead with it, we will have the doctor order single dose preservative free, as we have with all other vaccines except meningitis (didn't have the time). Girls we know who have had it have fainted, had sore arms for several days, and all of the other range of vaccine side effects.
    Do your research, read all sides of the argument, and make your own decision.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:40 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I am NOT giving this to my daughter. It doesn't prevent all cervical cancers and it isn't given to boys, which is half the problem-boys get HPV too and then give it to girls. There are many types of HPV and the types that can cause cancer don't always create warts so people can have it and not know it. actually it is one of the most common STD's. She'll still need to have Pap smears throughout her life. So what's the point? I am very skeptical of a vaccine that prevents a disease that EVERYONE gets but only girls are treated. You know this country use to OFFICIALLY sterilize minority and mentally/physically handicapped women without their consent or knowledge? Look it up. I don't trust the government to push their treatments.
    KGB31

Answer by KGB31 at 11:48 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I also turned down the shot as well
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 1:31 PM on May. 14, 2009

• A lady that my mom works with was telling her, to tell me, not to get it. The lady's daughter died from getting the Gardasil shot.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is not getting the shots! I don't think it's worth it after all the research I did.
    Good luck.
    Stacie2261

Answer by Stacie2261 at 6:21 PM on May. 14, 2009