What can anyone tell me about Hydrocele Testis?

I took my son (23 months) to see his doctor this past monday for a cough he has and mentioned that his scrotum was swollen! His pediatrician sent us to get an ultrasound and determined it was just Hydrocele of the right scrotum! He doesnt see a urologist till June 3rd!!
Ive done some research, so I know what it is, but Id like to hear about any personal experiences!
Thanks!!

Elyse23

Asked by Elyse23 at 11:04 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Health

• My son had that also when he was little. It went away on its own by the time he was I think 3 years old. It didn't last long. Its nothing to worry about, and if you are concerned your regular pediatrician should be able to give you more information if you call the office and have him call you.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:58 AM on May. 14, 2009

• my son was born with one but it went away on its own around 10 months.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 1:42 PM on May. 14, 2009