What can I do with my 5 year old step son?HELP!!

My 5 yr old step son is an incredibly smart kid, too smart I think sometimes. He lives with his mom and we get him every other weekend.But lately we have been having horrible behavioral problems with him. We can't take him around girls because he will tell them that he has a secret to tell them and then we he gets them alone he will try to kiss them, so it's came down to where we dont' take him around girls period. Also he throws horrible tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants, he cries and whines ALL THE TIME. When he is playing with a toy and it doesn't do what he wants it to he throws it down and starts balling! We also just learned that at pre-school he is behaving bad as well. His mom called and told us that it's to the point where the teachers can't handle him. They said he pulls his pants down in class, bullies kids, tries to kiss girls, doesn't listen and talks over the teacher. I need help, what can we do????????

luvbug1614

Asked by luvbug1614 at 11:07 PM on May. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• So does mom want to do anything or not? If he lives there FT and she isn't willing to help, then try for custody. ...Something must be happening for him to be acting out this way. What is she exposing him to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on May. 14, 2009

• When a child acts out like that, something must have happened. We had a similar experience with my dd, come to find out a neighbor kid abused her. We found out only after 2 weeks of crying for no reason, acting out - totally not like her. I am hoping that this is not the case, but you might want to take steps of precaution and have him talk to someone, other than a family member. Maybe he's just bored todeath and trying to amuse himself? Hoping that this is the case. Has anyone asked him why is he behaving this way or do you just ignore him and punish him? Hop e that this helps.
    elephcrzy

Answer by elephcrzy at 8:30 AM on May. 14, 2009

• If you know who his pediatrician is, contact them and let them know the behavior issues. They can reffer the mom to a child psychologist and they can also make reports to Social Services if they suspect that anything is going on in his mom's home to cause these problems. If the court order allows you access to his medical records make sure the pediatrician knows that and keeps you updated.
    AprilD32

Answer by AprilD32 at 11:55 AM on May. 14, 2009