What religion do you follow, if any?

What religion do you follow, if any and why? How old are you and how long have you been practicing? How are you planning on introducing it to your children, if at all?

Thanks, Ladies...need to do some research. Please use the anon feature if you feel more comfortable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am agnostic. I have been this way for as long as I remember. I have too many questions and not enough answers. I am this way because my mother was raised a southern baptist and my dad is an atheist. I do not judge them as they do not me.
    as far as introducing anything to my children...I am sending my son to a preschool that is held in a baptist church and my daughter will also be attending next year. they can make their own decisions on when/where/why/how/who they want to worship. it is their choice not mine. and I dont care what they choose.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:13 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I'm a Christian Universalist - I'm 22 (almost - 1 week!), and I have been a Christian since I was four (you can say that doesn't count, but I was practically raised in the church, its been my life growing up). I've always had universalist beliefs, but I didn't realize Christian Universalism existed until here recently - I was glad to find it.
    My plan for our son is just to answer any of his questions, encourage him in any way he chooses or needs, and to teach him as much as I can about the different religions so that he can make an informed choice about what he believes when he's ready. I don't care which affiliation he chooses, as long as he understands what he's choosing, and what he's rejecting, as well as having a compassionate and loving heart towards all people, regardless of religious belief, or any other differences (race/gender/sexuality/etc).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:13 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I am 37 years old and was born and raised as a Catholic. I grew up in a pretty strict Catholic family. Went to a Catholic school for 9 years, went to church atleast 2 times a week and made all sacraments through Confirmation in 10 or 11th grade. My son has made his sacraments through 1st Communion, went to religious ed until 4th grade and we talk about God and our Catholic faith, I am no longer a practicing Catholic although I do still believe in most of my faith.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 PM on May. 13, 2009

• (that means he's free to choose NOT to believe, too, lol)
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:14 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I am a Christian, I am 35 years old, I have two boys that would consider themselves Christian also. They are 10 and 5 years old and they love where we go to worship. We've been with this church for 3 years now, and it's great!
    20hockeymom5

Answer by 20hockeymom5 at 11:15 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Satanism.....the atheist kind, which is more of an ideology than a religion. I chose it because it described me so well. I won't tell my kid about it until she's older and can understand, and I don't expect her to follow it. I plan to raise her without religion and only teach her about them so she knows what's out there.

My fingers hurt from being on here too long LOL. If you want to learn more, PM me, and I'll answer tomorrow :)
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 11:16 PM on May. 13, 2009

• You guys are awesome :) Thanks for answering. I look forward to hearing more!
    Anonymous

• im 37 yrs old im a witch i have a 2 yr old daughter
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 11:20 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I have no religion, but I live by the secular humanist philosophy.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 11:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I'm 28 years old. I am Pagan though I do not prescribe to a specific belief structure within Paganism. I discovered that the beliefs that I have were Pagan when I was 14. I have three children and I plan on exposing them to as many beliefs as possible so they can choose their own path.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:37 PM on May. 13, 2009