Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously Ill...Advice PLEASE!!!PIOG

All day today I have felt very run down, exhausted, I have the chills really bad. I feel like it is 30 degrees in my house. It is 73 degrees in my house right now and I am freezing. My hubby says I feel really hot. I took a luke warm bath and that hasn't helped. I can't go to ER because I would be there until this time tomorrow without seeing a doctor(yes it's that bad). I am sick to my stomach and coming out both ends(sorry TMI) I am shaking so bad it is hard to type. My teeth are chattering and I am really weak. When I walk I feel like I am going to fall over. I had a severe case of Mononucleosis back in 04. I was out of work for 15 weeks and bedridden for 7 weeks. But I was told you couldn't get it again by the ER doc. Is that true or false? Do you think I could have Mono or something else. I can't afford to go to reg. doc either. I was just hoping for advice and maybe home remedies. I am 25 and have a 3 yr old & 18 mth.


Asked by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:10 PM on May. 13, 2009 in About CafeMom

Level 8 (224 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I agree with the others, you need to be seen. I think they will see you quicker with the fever and the flu.

    Answer by teamquinn at 2:14 AM on May. 14, 2009

  • You sound like you have the flu. I had mono and also heard you can't get it again.
    Above all, you need to isolate your children from contact with you and any tissues, dishes, etc. you touch. Especially your 18 month old. Have hubby sleep on the sofa and take care of your little ones.

    If your temp goes above 102, you need to be seen immediately. Have hubby call in sick for the next couple of days to watch your may need to call a family member(not hubby) to take you to the hospital.

    Get better quick, mama!

    Answer by timelessglass at 11:15 PM on May. 13, 2009

  • You really really really need to be seen. Waiting for hours in the ER is better than falling over dead at home. Please, go.

    Answer by gdiamante at 12:41 AM on May. 14, 2009

  • Go to the ER. You have the symptoms of the flu. But, if you are that Poor thing. Get seen. Besides, if they think you have the flu you may get seen faster then you think. :)

    Answer by SusieD250 at 1:45 AM on May. 14, 2009