WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT CHILD SUPPORT?

I heard in a bible study a specific verse commanding parents to provide for the children and I cannot remember. Does anyone out there know?

NOSEY

Asked by NOSEY at 9:37 AM on Aug. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was actually reading the other night and came across a a verse that said that parents should be saving for their children and not children for their parents. I believe it was in either 1 or 2 Corinthians. I ll have to look it up but specifically the bible says nothing about child support persay BUT a man should be providing for his family. We are given a depiction of how God views the family and the role of each member, look at Adam and Eve and we can all plainly see what Gods plan was from the beginning for a family and how it should be provided for. Now granted the world we live in today has far deviated from God and His Word for sure!!! But we can still know that for sure that God wants children provided for, in some cases the man cant or doesnt provide for his family, which is not right or ok in any way, but as a single mom I know what that is like.
    TASHA1983

Answer by TASHA1983 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 8, 2008

• To be continued from above.....We cant depend on a man, we can only depend on God, if we seek Him about matters such as this He will take care of child support issues much better then we ever can or could. For it says that My God shall supply ALL my needs according to His riches in Glory!!! AMEN TO THAT CUZ HE DOES!!! I hope I at least helped answer ur question a little bit...or gave u something to really think about. Love in Christ, Tasha1983
    TASHA1983

• If a person is divorced and has to pay child support, isn't that still providing for his family? If you are the christian and he is not, wouldn't you prefer to have the money coming in for the kids? regardless to if it is through the courts?

I understand the question as being simple, but I'm not sure why the answer has to be so biblical. This is a new era, not 2000 years ago when men and women in the bible lived a different kind of life. The bible is our blue print, not everything will be written in there for us to find... we are to use wisdom and pray for guidance. I hope you get the answer you're looking for. This was just my spin on the question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2008