waking up in the middle of the night screaming

my daughter will be 1 in 2 weeks and for the past week she has been waking up between 12-2 screaming her head off i'll wait a couple of mins to see if she will calm down and go back to sleep but she never does so i'll go get her out of her crib to try and calm her down... she will not go back to sleep if i'm in her room i have to bring her to the living room or to our bedroom and she wont take any of her comfort things she has 2 night lights in her room and her favorite stuffed animals in her crib. and my husband is leaving for Korea in Sept and i'll be on my own and pregnant i'm not sure what to do now... i'm so drained already!

Mikayla.Anana

Asked by Mikayla.Anana at 11:28 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she may be having night terrors i would suggest you talk to your doctor about it since it has been goign on for a week believe me mom i understand your pain i have been there with both of my kids
    zabees_angel

Answer by zabees_angel at 11:30 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Sounds like what I had when I was her age. I suffered from night terrors. Every night I would wake up in the middle of the night every night letting out these really bad screams. My doctor told my mom it was night terrors. Mine didnt go away till I was around 5 years old. I know that when I got a little older, the did slow down and was not everynight but my mom said that it happened often. When i understood things, she had the dog sleep in my bedroom and she told me he would protect me and she said that helped some. Good Luck and I really hope its not night terrors. It scared my mom half to death everynight.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I don't know what to suggest except some soft classical music in her room when you go in to her. Try to keep her in the room with you on a rocking chair and hold her close with her "lovie".

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:39 PM on May. 13, 2009

• nightmares sounds like get her a flashlight and soft music preferably Christian lullabies at the mustard Seed
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:47 PM on May. 13, 2009

• my son has night terrors off and on. they usually go in spurts. we"ve tried everything, but hes never quite awake during them ..jsut half awake. so he's hard to calm down at all. ive tried it all...if I try and cuddle him he crawls out..which is odd, and he'll even talk to me but it doesnt make sense. He'll even start screaming ow! all i do is sit there and rub his back until he falls back asleep. usually only lasts 15 mins or soo. we tried putting a radio in his room becasue he loves music. it helps a little if i can get him to wake up. Hopefully they'll grow out of it soon. good news is, he usually does not wake the baby!! so hopefully you;ll be lucky there too!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:39 AM on May. 14, 2009

• thank you i have some classical piano music in her room i haven't tried it yet after she got up but i will... i don't think she got up last night unless my husband tended to her and i'll bring it up to her doctor too...
    Mikayla.Anana

Answer by Mikayla.Anana at 10:16 AM on May. 14, 2009