How many of you work from home?

and if you do, do you run a business where people come to your home? I am starting my massage therapy career and am considering buying a home where I can have my business from my house. Any luck operating your work from home??

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 11:33 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would out of my home. I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching.
    The best way to build your busines is through networking, though you also need a solid marketing plan. Small business owners spend most of their time hunting for business. Feel free to contact me directly with questions.
    -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I work out of my home (3 businesses and a co-op site) but no one comes in to my home. My mother is a Massage Therapist and used to have her people come in to her home. But it got to dangerous! Besides you would have to look in to your local zoneing to see if you can even do that. Most places are zoned and have spacific laws about where things can be.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:49 AM on May. 14, 2009

• HI! I work out of my home as a Manager/Independent Demonstrator with Gold Canyon. No one comes to my home regularly unless I have an open house or something. I usually go to them or a big part of my business is done online. Definitely check your zoning laws with your city or township as the PP mentioned before you start.

Kim Niehaus, Manager
    Independent Demonstrator
    http://www.mygc.com/kimniehaus

justkima

Answer by justkima at 9:17 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I hold open houses occasionally for my business. Typically I only extend the invitations to my current customers and allow them to bring guests. I think for your business it would probably be a good idea to save money on a lot of overhead and, of course, the convenience. If you could have a separate entrance that would be ideal. In that line of business I would think you could work off a lot of referrals too. Good luck.

Loretta
    Scentsy Ind. Director
    http://www.saferscents.com

bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 11:01 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I work online and that's how I'm making a check every month!
    Are you looking for a health company that's with the BBB and A+ Acreditted ?Are You Looking For Products Physicians Use On their Patients? Join Greenwood Health as a distributor Today and Be a part of A Multi Billion BBB Company!!

Visit Our Site
    uniquecandle27

Answer by uniquecandle27 at 10:32 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I work from home as an Independent Business Owner with a company called Ameriplan. With this kind of business or any business you just have to get yourself out there through advertising and marketing. It can be done very cheap and reap great benefits. I love what I do! I wish you the best in your business venture :-)
    If anyone would like more info on what I do you can messge me or visit my profile. It's easy to get into and with 8-10 hours of diligent effort a week you can be making a six figure income in 2-4 years!
    CrystalJC73

Answer by CrystalJC73 at 1:12 PM on May. 15, 2009