Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do?

Me and my ex are working on a divorce, and for the last 2 years I have let him see his son when he wants to. But I was told by his landlord that he hits him, has found my son wandering down the street half naked, was told by my ex that a 2 year old does not need to be supervised, and does drugs in front of him (for which he was recentley kicked out of his room that he was renting) My question is, can I get in trouble for not letting him see his son anymore until the divorce is final? The child custody hearing isnt for 8 more weeks, and the paper work isnt completely filed yet. Im afraid that if I let my son go back over there, he will get hurt.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (5)
  • Oh, you will soooo get in trouble if you let him go knowing this. There is no visitation order in play yet so you can refuse visitation. Get statements from anyone willing to give them and present them in court. Don't let your son go over there anymore.

    Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:30 AM on May. 14, 2009

  • I think you can request an emergency hearing for a temporary custody order. I'm not sure-- you'll have to check with an attorney practicing in your jurisdiction.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on May. 14, 2009

  • I would stop the visitation and let your lawyer know what is going on with the visitations. You wont get in to trouble for that.

    Answer by homealone_10 at 5:36 AM on May. 14, 2009

  • I would have my lawyer put in a motion regarding this issue and stop visitation...having the motion in the courts will give the courts the reason for withholding visitation, so if your afraid of getting in trouble, you are covered!!

    Answer by cindie83099 at 6:52 AM on May. 14, 2009

  • Be sure to get statements.
    Without proof, you will only sound like a vindictive wife.

    In the meantime, if all of what you say is true and you believe it to be true, then stop visitation at once. Write a formal letter to your soon-to-be ex exactly why, keep a copy of the letter, and send it registered with signature request receipt. That way, you have proof that he received the letter.
    If your son is crying for his daddy, perhaps you can arrange a visitation at a public playground for an hour with you and a friend (as a witness) to watch. Tell his father he cannot be high and cannot use that time to argue with you or you will leave with your son.
    Keep a notebook record of everything that occurs and get statements at all times for every action against him.

    Best wishes to you and your son.
    I also hope his daddy gets into a drug rehab program and into parenting classes so he can be with his son.

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:49 AM on May. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.