Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do i do?

Me and my ex are working on a divorce, and for the last 2 years I have let him see his son when he wants to. But I was told by his landlord that he hits him, has found my son wandering down the street half naked, was told by my ex that a 2 year old does not need to be supervised, and does drugs in front of him (for which he was recentley kicked out of his room that he was renting) My question is, can I get in trouble for not letting him see his son anymore until the divorce is final? The child custody hearing isnt for 8 more weeks, and the paper work isnt completely filed yet. Im afraid that if I let my son go back over there, he will get hurt.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on May. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (7)
  • All very good advice here. The legal paperwork will take time of course. Until then make any excuse you can to not leave your son alone with that man. If you want to let him see his son then let him visit you in a supervised situation like your home or another relative. Do not leave him alone with your child until this is all worked out and you are certain of the situation. Don't forget to thank that landlord for the tip and Good luck.

    Answer by saltycoqui at 10:05 AM on May. 14, 2009

  • I would NOT let my child return to his fathers house NO MATTER what! Now that someone has brought these things to your attention you could also be help accountable for allowing your child to go to a place where you suspected abuse or neglect was going on. The safety of your child comes first and if there are no temporary orders in place then you dont have to let him go. On the other hand, if there are no orders he could keep your son in most states if he wanted to, and you would have to track him down and steal him back. Im not trying to completely scare you to death, but I always seem to think the worst case..... Anyways, No, dont let him go back, get a temporary custody order that gives the child only to you and with no visitation until he is investigated and cleared of abuse and drugs!

    Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 2:00 AM on May. 14, 2009

  • DONT let him go back! I'm pretty sure if no paperwork has been filed saying when he gets visitation he dosen't have to ave it! It isn't doing ur son any good and visitation is for a bond do you want ur lil boy to b bonded to that piece of shit??
    u can get free legal help w/ the dept for children's services. Get it quick!

    Answer by mommyhero at 12:57 AM on May. 14, 2009

  • Do you have an official custody order (even if its a temporary one) in place? If not, then there is no reason for you to let your son go with his father, he has no legal standing until the courts say he does.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:56 AM on May. 14, 2009

  • i would report it and let your lawyer know whats been going on and what you have heard and see if it will get you in trouble if he says it would be best to not let him see him til after hearing i wouldnt let him cause if something bad happens like drug bust or he gets beat on your gonna feel at fault and if the drug bust happens and him there you will have to fight for custody for your lil miracle so i would really get some leagal advice if i were you cause you never know how crazy people are not even if you have known them your whole life most people are like dogs they will turn on you quick

    Answer by im_his_lady09 at 12:39 AM on May. 14, 2009

  • I would definitely talk to your attorney, and not leave your son with him until you have.

    Answer by lilbit837 at 12:35 AM on May. 14, 2009

  • I was told by the attorney, anytime you feel uncomfortable with him getting in the car with his father, to say No. If he don't listen, you phone the police!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.