How can I get my just turned 2 year old daughter to not be so bossy?

She has been really bossy, she copies what I say to my son every thing, like, "I said now". what can I do to stop her? Getting after her doesnt work it just progress it?

swan263

Asked by swan263 at 12:26 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OMG! I have the same problem with my 3 yr old son! I was going to ask a question jstu like this. He likes to boss his little bro around and our dog! I keep trying to tell him that he is not the boss, but it doesnt sink in. He also likes to tattle tale a lot, which I dont like. He jsut doesnt understand. Hopefully it is jstu a phase they are going through, I'll definatly be watching the other answers though!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:04 AM on May. 14, 2009

• tell her that she is not the mommy and she is not allowed to speak to her bro like that and give her a consequence every time she does it. as far as tattling, tell them that they can tattle when someone is hurt, in danger, or whatever but not to get someone in trouble and if they did tattle, i punished the tattler. that pretty much took care of it.
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 3:38 AM on May. 14, 2009

• It's normal at this age to copy. If you want her to not be so demanding, you're going ot have to lighten up in your requests. It's just a phase though, most likely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on May. 14, 2009