What should I do about my son's gum

I have a post on my page about this. My son has a rather large sore on his gum. I think it might be an abscess. I am not sure though. It started where his gum was just red. I thought it was because his tooth was loose. This morning I saw the bump. Tonight I checked it and it is a lot bigger. Should I try to find an emergency dentist or wait until Monday? What should I do in the mean time? Just wash out his mouth?? I tend to over react. I know hubby will know what to do, he just isn't here yet.

crivi2725

Asked by crivi2725 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I would wait until Monday unless he gets a fever (over 101) or if it gets too painful.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 12:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• was his mouth with peroxcide just dont let him swallow it only 3 percent
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• or just rub the peroxide on it with a q-tip a few times during the day and before bed and go to the dentist on monday for sure. he may have just poked his gum with something sharp and now it's infected.
    SamsMom125

Answer by SamsMom125 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I added a picture to my post. It is not the best pic but you can see it a little bit.
    crivi2725

Answer by crivi2725 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I took a look at the pic and it looks like an abcess. *I* would take him to his oncall ped (if he has one) or the ER. DO NOT pop it!
    New2WAHJ

Answer by New2WAHJ at 10:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• we did take him to hospital. they did pop it. They drained it and gave him an antibiotic. We are taking him to dentist on monday.
    crivi2725

Answer by crivi2725 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2008