• In the Spotlight:

Would you talk to your husbands boss if you had the chance???

My husband has been screwed over by a district manager in another region. It has caused a chain of events that has put us in a bad spot. His current district manager and manager oh and also the regional VP has been apologizing and want to make it right. His DM has offered to call to get my kids re enrolled in preschool and sports that they were suppose to be in. I am not sure that they can fix the emtional damage and embarrassment that it has caused us, only God can fix that. I know that they are trying to do all they can not to loose my husband.

So here is my question I have prepared an email for his DM should I send it? My husband gave me the go ahead. I need him to know that it is not just effecting 1 employee but that it is effect the family that he represents.
Almost for got. Should he return the gifts that he received from his going away party since he is still there?

4_boys_and_me

Asked by 4_boys_and_me at 1:06 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• Do not send that email! It will make your husband seem like school boy. I am not sure it is appropriate for you husband to send the email either. He should speak with someone in HR before taking additional steps.
    More importantly, you need to get rid of your anger and move on with your life. Things are the way they are; accept it and move on.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 AM on May. 14, 2009

• If they are trying to rectify the situation already and have offered to call the school for you and get your kids reenrolled then i am sure he knows that whatever happened or is happening has affected your whole family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I'm sure writing it made you feel better. But don't send it. No need.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:16 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't send it. You may cause problems. I'm sure he is well aware that it effects more than one person. People are not stupid and know that it effects the family. If they are trying to make it right then leave it at that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Is it wrong to want to feel like I have a voice? I am sure the email will stay where it is.
    4_boys_and_me

Answer by 4_boys_and_me at 1:33 AM on May. 14, 2009

• "Is it wrong to want to feel like I have a voice? "

Of course not! But use discretion. Your e-mail is great for YOU, but it won't accomplish much for your husband with his boss. They already know they screwed up and are doing what they can to rectify it. Your e-mail might actually cause problems. Better not to send it.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:09 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't send the email. and no I wouldn't return the gifts Keep them and enjoy them.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 6:11 AM on May. 14, 2009