What did you do for your babies 1st bday

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had about 30 family members and friends with little kids over for pizza, cake and crafts.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:42 AM on May. 14, 2009

• For my last baby's 1st birthday we had a big dinner for him. We had all our friends and family over and my husband and i cooked a feast, I mean literally. We had tons of food! It's traditional for us to throw a big dinner or feast for the 1st birhday. It was fun and delicious! Roast beef, yum!
    4puddintaters

Answer by 4puddintaters at 2:25 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I had a huge party with tons of food and family and friends! also had a bounch house for the older kids...and adults
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 2:53 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My sons birthday is October 22, close to halloween, so i had a halloween/costume party! His cousins and my bf's kids came dressed in their costumes. and we had spidery cupcakes, and dragons blood punch. nothing too scary cause it was his first. I went all out because we were moving a few states away and this was the last time for a while that all the fam would be together for his birthday.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:47 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I had a party with food, family, and friends too.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 6:17 AM on May. 14, 2009

• just some family and friends. little party. the local grocery does baby's 1st birthday cake for free. we did a finger food dinner, stuff that was all baby friendly. and now it's my sons turn in July and we will do the same.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 7:37 AM on May. 14, 2009

• 1st b-days are really celebrations for the parents and family. The kid will never remember it. Do whatever pleases you and take pictures. Opportunities like this are few and far between later on :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Nothing much. Just got them presents and made a cake. We didn't have people over except with my oldest (my friend and her dd came over and then we went swimming at her house).
    My youngest child's 1st birthday fell the Thur. before Easter and we were on the road traveling the whole day. She got her presents on Saturday and her cake after Easter dinner.
    We don't throw big birthday parties for any of the kids' birthdays. She just turned 3 last month and we just took her out to lunch and to Toys r Us to pick out a toy and then I made her cupcakes for after dinner. That was it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:09 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My son's 1st bday is on the 30th. We are having family over, 10 adults & 5 kids. We thought about inviting friends but it would have over tripled our numbers. Sorry, can't afford that! And our house is not big enough to hold over 30 people. I think we may have friends over later in the summer and we can go to the park and hang out where there is more space and things for kids to do.

We're going to have chicken kabobs, pasta salad, chips & salsa and dessert, of course. I'm going to order 2 cakes from Sam's Club (1/2 sheet, plus a smash cake), plus buy some ice cream. We're not doing any themes or decorations. I don't see the need in spending money on that.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:42 AM on May. 14, 2009