my two month old has trouble haveing bowel movements

i dont know what else to do i told the doc and he said to wait a couple days but this poor baby has gas so bad and he stops breathing to try and push something out but nothing every comes out what can i do??? its not all the time but i feel like he should poop more then once every couple days

bugbug07

Asked by bugbug07 at 1:38 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can offer him prune juice, start with 1 oz he should poop shortly after that. If he doesnt you can always give it to him 2 times a day. Good luck!
    mommyof3nluvnit

Answer by mommyof3nluvnit at 1:40 AM on May. 14, 2009

• if u r only nursing ur baby,, its ok to not have as many bowel movements. sometimes for a whole week, my ped. said its cause they r getting only nutrients and there is nothing to waste...so...not as much poop as formula babies.
    SafaAndMomma

Answer by SafaAndMomma at 4:18 AM on May. 14, 2009