What can I eat that's healthy for My baby?

My Doctor told me that I may have gestational diabetes.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 1:47 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• He should have given you dietary guidelines. Just eat HEALTHY. Fresh foods. Dump the processed stuff.

There's a diet in the What To Expect books that is pretty good.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 AM on May. 14, 2009

• dont eat anything raw...or unpasteurized...and they say stay away from cafffeine but im personally a soda addict!
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:14 AM on May. 14, 2009

• besides that think of it this way if its not healthy for you its not healthy for baby..but its ok to be a little unhealthy sometimes dont become a health nut!
    hug4akiss

• Best advice I can give you if you have someone in your family that's got Regular Diabetes, call them and talk to them. They can give you more info on what you'll need to eat and what to avoid. I know that gestational is different, but still any help is really a blessing. Good luck to you and your baby!
    Anonymous