Sleep Issues with a 3 month old...advice??

Okay, so for a couple of nights in a row, my son has been sleeping very peacefully, in his own bed. Well now all of the sudden, he's going back to the way he used to be. Waking up around 10 minutes after I put him down. I've tried everything I used to do, swaddling, pacifier, bottle, rocking, but none of it's working. I would really like to start getting him to fall asleep without the pacifier so that he doesn't become dependant on it to fall asleep. But right now, that's the only thing that's getting me the 10 minute intervals. And it's really confusing because like I said, for 3 nights in a row he slept for 6-8 hours each night.

I need HELLLLPPP!!

ColesMommy0221

Asked by ColesMommy0221 at 1:49 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know some moms dont like to do it but let him cry it out . eventually her will get it that yout not comming in to comfort him. If you comfortaly enough to let him cry i think thats your best bet. It took me a while to be able to do it. Its hard but if you let him cry for like 5 or 10 minuts then check on him, calm him down without picking him up then leave again. Not lying it not easy at first. This is what worked for me, doesnt work for all babied though. Hope i helped. good luck
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:54 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Well, the pp was right. CIO doesn't teach them to sleep. It teaches them you won't answer....not the message you want to send.

He's quite normal. Don't expect a standing sleep pattern at any time in year one. It happens..just don't expect it.

Do what works. He will change up the pattern a lot.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:58 AM on May. 14, 2009

• He could be teething, get some teething tablets they worked with my baby when he was doing this. GOOD LUCK!
    mommyof3nluvnit

Answer by mommyof3nluvnit at 1:58 AM on May. 14, 2009

• crying it out actually does nothing. its proven that children dont even understand or comprehend "crying it out" until they are about ` 1/2-2 years old...im sure you would not like to cry yourself to sleep...

you coud try teething tablets like above said.. or he could also be going through a growth spurt which hits around 3 months... so hes right on time... my daughter is as well shes almost three months... in a few days she will b
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:03 AM on May. 14, 2009

• there could be a lot of reasons why he is doing that, i also have a 3 month old. #1. hungry,some babies take more than one bottle before going to bed they dont usually wait 2 or 3 hours. #2 colic, try massages,changeing his formula or your diet if breastfed. #3 ear infection,some babies get it often,if he had a fever sometimes that makes them an infection in the ear,fever goes away but maybe not the infection check with a doctor,clean hir ears very well if it has an odor then thats probably it.#4 i know youre not suppose to lay him on his tummy, but try it sometimes so they can rest from sleeping always on the their back.DONT get stresst out they can feel it .good luck
    laflakita4e

Answer by laflakita4e at 3:04 AM on May. 14, 2009