I brush my sons teeth before we sit down to rock...

Then he drinks his milk to go to sleep. I then ripe his teeth with a wash cloth. Is that enough to make the milk not stay in his mouth? If he is still thirsy after what I give him I give him water but he isn't always thisty for it. Should i give him less milk so he is thirsty for the water or is wiping his teeth with a wash cloth enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think he should be fine...how old is he?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I think that wiping his teeth with a washcloth will be enough.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 5:26 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I honestly don't even wipe after giving the last bottle...I think it's more if you have them lay down with a bottle and it pools in their mouth and stays there that is a concern. That's what saliva is for--to rinse out our mouths.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I WOULD CUT OUT THE NIGHT TIME BOTTLE ALTOGETHER AND JUST GIVE HIM WATER WHEN HE'S THIRSTY...I KNOW ITS HARD BUT YOU EVENTUALLY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DO IT ...WE BRUSHED MY DD'S TEETH TWICE (IN THE MORNING AND AT NIGHT) AND SHE HAD TO GET CAPS AND SEALANTS! SO EVEN THOUGH YOU BRUSH THEY CAN STILL GET CAVITIES ...I GUESS SOME KIDS ARE MORE ACCEPTABLE TO IT THEN OTHERS !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:48 AM on May. 14, 2009

• OP...My son is 19 months. I don;t let him lay down and go to bed with his bottle.
    Anonymous