does anyone own a bmw

i want to get a bmw i think they are cute but im worried about the costly maintence work i heard parts and maintence is really expensive for a bmw. is it worth it?

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 2:47 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Shopping

• They can be a bit more expensive when something goes wrong, true...but they are well made and therefore don't have a lot that wears out so quickly...I can recommend a great mechanic in the Kansas City area if you're ever there.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 2:57 AM on May. 14, 2009

• We had a Mercedes. Emphasize HAD. Too expensive, both in repairs and in gas.

If you buy a used car, take it to a mechanic to be checked out first.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:57 AM on May. 14, 2009

• BMW=Break My Wallet, so we got a Benz but it's expensive too. if you wanna roll, you gotta pay the price...
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 3:18 AM on May. 14, 2009

• if it's new it would be under warranty and repair costs wouldn't matter. Just trade it back in before it begins needing repairs.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 AM on May. 14, 2009

• look at Infiniti's I love them I had four Q45's and they are the best cars I ever had the only reason I have had four is because I keep trading up to newer models my first one bought had around 30thousand miles on it I traded it in with over 180thousand on it ( a lot of highway driving for work ) and got $5000 trade they hold great value and it was almost 9 yrs old

Anonymous

• I own a shop, and I would never own a BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti, Audi, Daewoo, Jaguar, lexus, saab, or Volvo. I have seen $800 trim pieces for the interior (their kid tore it off!!) $1000 window regulators (hey, you're window has to go up and down, right?), and $1200 headlights (no you can't replace the bulb, you have to replace the whole assembly!) I'm just saying. I own a nice, domestic SUV, and the parts for it aren't cheap, but I don't have to compare them to a house payment, either. Plus, would it hurt to buy domestic, and help the economy a little? After all this is said and done the only domestics we're gonna have left are Ford and Toyota. I drive a Chevy :(
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 12:15 PM on May. 15, 2009

• If you buy or lease new, maintenance is free.
    shyla23

Answer by shyla23 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2010