Im tired being a career mom but im earning well,what would you suggest?

earning better than spouse,need to pay loans and debts etc.,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• Do what's necessary. Your debts aren't going to disappear just because you're tired of working, unfortunately.

Sit down with your husand to figure out just how much you really need. Be honest with yoursleves both about your expenses and about the security of his job.

If you can afford the pay cut, look inot part time work or a job share. If you can't, remember that you're working toward the goal of getting out of the rat race.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:25 AM on May. 14, 2009

• It's actually what alot of men go through they just don't normally say it. My husband has done a job for over 10 years that he hates. He did it so that I could stay home and raise the kids and we would have medical insurance. Now his job is slowing down. I found a job that pays decent and has medical. So we switched. Now I carry the burden he did all these years and it is rough but you do it. Unless things turn I have a 75% chance of being laid off. They are fighting strong but I am a realist so I went and took a class & test to become a CNA. I would hate that job not because of the people but because of my back and it is very physical. However, you do what you have to do. If your in a good place and your DH is fine then switch jobs. If your not then you have to figure out a way to stick it out. Remember the older you get the harder it is to pick up extra jobs, longer shifts etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I completely understand how you feel. There are other ways that you can handle this. Have you spoken with your boss about flextime and/or telecommuting? For many years, I worked from home early in the morning (4:30-7:00); worked in the office from 9:30-3:00; managed to work another hour before bed.
    Now I am working out of my home; I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching (resumes, coverletters, job search strategy, interview prep). Feel free to contact me direcly
    -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Also, go to the www.daveramsey.com website. He has a way to get your debts paid off faster. It's all in discipline but it works.
    I started last year looking for something other than corporate. I was tired of all the Bull**** and I could see where the economy was going. I took precautions and signed up with Scentsy, the wickless candle. I wasn't sure at first ~ but it has paid off for me. I moved up fast which anyone that loves this can. It turned out to be the best decision I made!
    I will be able to quit my full time job this year. . I am like you ....I need to make sure I do not put a burden on my family. Right now it's a great 2nd income for us. I am waiting until I hit 3,000.00 a month to quit. It will actually be a raise for me! I am close to $2000.00 a month right now, and that is what I bring home in my f/time job! So, I am socking it away!
    It's a fast selling item. pm me if ur intersted!
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 10:18 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Think about starting something on the side to work your way out of your job. I'm working on replacing my income now. I was able to leave my job before I started my business but I still intend to replace my previous income, plus more. Just find something that you would really enjoy doing and get started. It doesn't feel so much like work when it's something you actually enjoy.

Good luck.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 10:54 AM on May. 14, 2009

• In this economy, I would keep working and pay off bills. You never know what will happen, your husband could lose his job today and your family would need that income and security. Pay off bills and then when the economy is better, make a decision about staying home. I would love to have a fulltime job at this point.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 AM on May. 14, 2009

• What can you do to feel more satisfied on the job? I think most people go through phases where they just want to stop working. But, most of us can't. Try and work through that phase and keep going. You'll kick yourself if you give up and your family suffers for it (finances, etc.).
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 2:00 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I know the feeling. Been there and done that~ I started working at home, so I can still earn very good money, but have a life and more freedom !
    www.bootyparlorparties.com/davialavae

you can pm me anytime for more info.good luck
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 5:39 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Are you looking for a health company that's with the BBB and A+ Acreditted ?Are You Looking For Products Physicians Use On their Patients? Join Greenwood Health as a distributor Today and Be a part of A Multi Billion BBB Company!!

Visit Our Site
    uniquecandle27

Answer by uniquecandle27 at 10:31 AM on May. 15, 2009

• There are many options for you. I have been a stay at home mom for quite a few years and wanted to bring some income in. I started working a home-based business. I work from home, can't get fired, do not have to pay daycare and never get stuck in rush hour traffic. Anything I do for my business is a tax write off. What I do is very easy and the promise of the company is that if you give 8-10 hours of diligent effort a week you will be making a six figure income in 2-4 years. For something like this you have to be ready to do something different for your family. For me, I am simply tired of struggling. My favorite part about this company is not only have they been in business for 17 years and this is a recession proof income, it's that once you reach your first promotion (which many do in the first month), your business becomes vested! This means should something happen to you, it is willable to your family. Visit my profile!
    CrystalJC73

Answer by CrystalJC73 at 10:48 AM on May. 15, 2009